Dynamic Possibilities Virtual Summer Earn and Learn program
Helping those with different abilities
navigate the world of work.
Get your young adults the work readiness training they need for a successful work experience!
For most of us, work brings a sense of dignity, pride and value to our lives. But for those of different abilities, there can be barriers to getting the work opportunities they aspire.
Dynamic Works realizes the specific needs for ALL abilities and created the Virtual Summer Earn and Learn (SEAL) program, Dynamic Possibilities, to give your young adults the pre-employment work readiness and transferable skills they need for SUCCESS. Dynamic Possibilities is a suite of 9 interactive eLearning modules, specifically designed to prepare those with different abilities for summer work. We provide training to help job coaches facilitate the program, activity guides with experiential learning, and worksheets facilitators can use to expand your young adults experience.
The Dynamic Possibilities virtual SEAL program explores the following topics to help prepare your clients for the workplace, including:
- Navigating the disclosure process: While disclosure can be difficult, being open with a potential employer makes an individual more likely to get what they need to succeed.
- Self-advocacy and accommodations: Asking for accommodations for a disability, especially in an interview, can be a daunting task. Where do you start? What do you say?
- Recognizing the unique you: We all have different strengths and abilities! This module helps you accept yourself for who you are and what skills you bring to the team.
- Self-awareness quest: In this gamified module, you can select and name an avatar and collect tokens as you learn about self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management!
- Journey through workforce: This gamified module allows you to collect tokens in the Dynamic One Stop as you navigate the services offered!
- Strength-based approaches: Learn how strength-based mindsets and approaches can help dictate our career path, and drastically improve your chances of employment.
- Interpreting job postings: Navigate the sometimes-crazy world of job postings to uncover the job openings best suited to you.
- Creating your career vision: Create your job vision first, then look through job openings, This will help ensure a position that you truly enjoy.
- Self-care: Self-care takes time and lots of self-reflection. The better you know yourself, the easier this becomes. Look at these scenarios and learn more about self-care practices.