A new online course for licensed counselors
Counselor CEUs for LMFT, LPCC, LMHC Counselors who complete this self-paced, online course will earn 3 clinical CEUs.
**Dynamic Workforce Solutions, dba Dynamic Works Institute, is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program.
The DSM 5 Updated for Professionals is an online continuing education course that reviews the key changes in the DSM-5. It is geared toward licensed professionals trained in clinical diagnosis. Participants will complete 6 modules that address the changes in each section of the DSM-5.
Counselor Practice Level
Intermediate and Advanced
Delivery Method & Format
Distance Learning – Interactive Online Presentation
The DSM-5 Updates for Professionals is an interactive web-based learning experience in which participants will go through a 6 part interactive online presentation and answer post test questions. Participants connect from their home or work computer and will need access to a high-speed internet connection.
- The participant will describe the new naming and cultural sensitivity resources of the DSM 5
- Participant will explain the change to Single-axis vs. to Multiaxial diagnosis in the DSM 5
- The participant will recognize the concept of Dimensional Diagnosis and use of specifiers and v-codes.
- The participant will summarize the Coding Changes including harmonization/cross coding with ICD 10.
- The participant will identify the new chapter and disorder organization of the DSM 5.
- Participant will summarize the changes in the DSM 5 to the Neurodevelopmental Disorders and be able to apply these updates to creating a diagnosis
- Participant will summarize the changes in the DSM 5 to the Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders and Bipolar and Related disorders and be able to apply these updates to creating a diagnosis
- Participants will summarize and apply diagnostic changes to the diagnosis of Depressive Disorders
- Participants will summarize and apply diagnostic changes to the diagnosis of Anxiety Disorders
What to Expect
Participants in the DSM-5: Updates for Professionals will have opportunities to:
- Learn core knowledge pertinent to working with the revised DSM-5
- Acquire and practice critical skills for effectively engaging and diagnosing clients with the revised DSM-5
- DSM-5 Module 1: Introduction and Overview
- DSM-5 Module 2: Neurodevelopmental, Schizophrenia Spectrum/Other Psychotic Disorders and Bipolar and Related Disorders
- DSM-5 Module 3: Depressive and Anxiety Disorders
- DSM-5 Module 4: Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders, Trauma and Stressor Related Disorders, Dissociative Disorders and Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
- DSM-5 Module 5: Feeding and Eating Disorders, Sleep- Wake Disorders , Sexual Dysfunctions and Disruptive, Impulse Control, and Conduct Disorders
- DSM-5 Module 6: Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders, Neurocognitive, Personality, Paraphilic and Other Mental Disorders
Modules address focus areas needed to effectively implement DSM-5 revisions including the new single axis diagnostic protocol and coding changes in the DSM 5.
Margaret Christmas Thomas, PhD, LMHC, LMFT, NCC
Post Test Questions, Evaluation, and Counselor CEU Certificate
In order to complete the course, participants are required to achieve a passing score of 80% or higher on the post test questions and may take the post test up to 5 times. After achieving a passing score of 80%, participants will receive a CEU certificate.
(You will be asked to logon or to register as a member)
Post Test Questions, Evaluation, and Social Work CEU Certificate
In order to complete the course, participants are required to achieve a passing score of 80% or higher on the post test questions and may take the post test up to 5 times. After achieving a passing score of 80%, participants will receive access to their CEU certificate.